Cleaning windows with out streaks and smudges is one of the top complaints when it comes to car washing and auto detailing. Ask any professional and they will tell you how frustrating and time consuming it is just to deliver a finished product with windows that are spotless and streak free. I have spent almost as much time perfecting my car window cleaning methods as I have with paint polishing and waxing techniques.
I have tried a lot of window cleaners both auto and commercial.
The good news is that techniques and products exist that will actually deliver professional streak free windows without spending too much on cleaners or time.
Outside Window Problems:
• Exposed to the weather and elements.
• Excessive dirt, water spots, fall-out.
Inside Window Problems:
• Film build-up from out-gassing of interior parts such as plastics, rubber, vinyl, etc. (Out-gassing is a term used to describe the natural process of chemicals used in the manufacturing process of car interiors that emit chemical gasses when exposed to air, heat, and UV lighting. =
• Window tint film.
• Nicotine stains on window tinting.
15 Streak-Free Window & Mirror Cleaning Tips
1. Always clean windows and mirrors LAST. This prevents your freshly cleaned windows from being soiled by over spray while cleaning other areas of the car.
2. Spraying cleaner directly on the window usually causes over spray cleaner on your paint.
Easier to control the amount of cleaner when spraying directly onto the towel.
3. Only clean glass that is cool to the touch, never hot. Pull the car into the shade or garage and wait until the glass is cool before cleaning.
This will help prevent the glass cleaner from drying too quickly on the surface making window cleaning a pain.
4. Always clean window in the shade or under cover.
5. Start with the windshield and rear windshield. They are always the most difficult due to the different angles and the most important in terms of visibility.
6. Cleaning one side at a time. Clean all the details.
7. Use different strokes for the interior and exterior. For example, use vertical strokes on the interior side of the glass and horizontal strokes on the exterior.
Side, or vice versa. This technique makes inspecting the glass for streaks a breeze as you can easily tell which side of the window needs to be cleaned again.
8. Horizontal strokes on the exterior. Vertical on the interior. Buff the window with a clean microfiber after cleaning.
9. Use open weave micro fibre cloth that never been used for any other purpose to cleaning glass.
10. spray on glass Then buff each window with r to end with a streak free, crystal clear window.
11. If you are diluting your glass cleaner always use distilled water. Distilled water does not contain additional gases, minerals or contaminants,
that tap or other types of water contain. It’s good practice to dilute all cleaners with distilled water because tap water is often considered “hard water”
with a high mineral content. These minerals are often left behind on the surface once the cleaner or water has evaporated off the surface producing water spots.
12. Only use one type of towel for cleaning glass and never use it on any other surface.
It’s helpful to place a small G on one corner of the towels with permanent marker to differentiate them from the rest.
This helps not to introduce grease or other grim to the windows.
It’s best to use a high quality waffle weave microfiber towel made specifically for cleaning glass to achieve the best streak free finish.
13. Clean the wiper blades. By removing the build up it will prevent burry areas and streaking on your windshield during use. Products like Rain X a Wiper Treatment
that lubricates the rubber and helps extend the life of your wiper blades.and in light rain water just runs off.
14. Break large windows such as the windshield and rear window into two or more manageable chucks while cleaning.
15. Remember to clean window last if washing car both outside and inside.
(Hint use a few drops of fairy dish washing liquid for the supermarket with filtered water in a spray bottle)
good for home use also and is window tint safe and also water will run off better.